Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-pseudo] Highlight pseudo-el cascade rules doesn't match reality

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2017 18:05:36 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Dragging selection from basic paragraph to psuedo:
> Chrome: No styles
> Edge: Styles
> Firefox: No styles on the paragraph nor the psuedo
>
> Double clicking the psuedo content:
> Chrome: No styles
> Edge: No styles
> Firefox: No styles

So what's happening here is that, Gecko doesn't allow selecting pseudo content consistently, and Blink and Edge allow that in some case but not others.

> Double clicking the paragraph:
> Chrome: Styles
> Edge: Styles
> Firefox: No Styles

There are two possible reasons for this:
1. Gecko currently only supports prefixed `::-moz-selection` while your testcase only includes `::selection`
2. There is probably some bug in Gecko that selection inside `<iframe>` isn't style correctly. When I pop out the result to whole page, it seems that the selection is styled as expected.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/374#issuecomment-342570085 using your GitHub account