Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-contain] To which box does paint containment clip?

From: CSS Meeting Bot via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2017 00:21:43 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The Working Group just discussed `Contains`, and agreed to the following resolutions:

* `RESOLVED: use principal box`

&lt;fantasai> Topic: Contains<br>
&lt;astearns> github: https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1809<br>
&lt;fantasai> TabAtkins: Whenever element generates more than one box?<br>
&lt;fantasai> TabAtkins: which box do we clip to?<br>
&lt;fantasai> TabAtkins: suggestion is principal box, that sounds great to me<br>
&lt;fantasai> fantasai: The principal box is the box that contains the content, seems like the right call<br>
&lt;fantasai> florian: list markers?<br>
&lt;fantasai> TabAtkins: They get clipped if they're outside markers<br>
&lt;fantasai> fantasai: just like for 'overflow: hidden'<br>
&lt;fantasai> dbaron: Table captions?<br>
&lt;fantasai> fantasai: Table wrapper box is principal<br>
&lt;fantasai> RESOLVED: use principal box<br>
</details>

--
GitHub Notification of comment by css-meeting-bot
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1809#issuecomment-342333088 using your GitHub account