Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-multicol] Inconsistency with margin collapsing across columns

From: Jen Simmons via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 06:13:19 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
It seems this is what the specification indents — at least such an outcome is shown in one diagram:

![css multi-column layout module level 1 2017-11-05 22-11-18](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/108474/32427657-636633ea-c276-11e7-9245-c0b30027fb81.jpg)

I can't see why an author would ever want this outcome, however. Developers I talk to consider this a bug, and get the impression they can't trust multicolumn.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jensimmons
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1939#issuecomment-342055884 using your GitHub account