Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-multicol] Inconsistency with margin collapsing across columns

From: Dave Cramer via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 02:15:47 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
We depend on margins not collapsing in the first fragmentainer in paged media, and in things like EPUB reading systems where pagination is implemented via multicol. I would certainly wonder why I couldn't put a top margin on the first element. Could this use case be addressed with selectors to treat the first element differently?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dauwhe
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1939#issuecomment-342028912 using your GitHub account