Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-tables] visibility: collapse

From: davidsgrogan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2017 00:53:27 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Oh, yes. Quite a different case. Sorry :(

[This](https://jsfiddle.net/dgrogan/0au7rsvn/) is what I meant to do. Here, Edge and Chrome both paint the cell background in both cases which I think is the desired behavior, but in violation of the spec about not painting backgrounds (the part I quoted in https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/478#issuecomment-337775398). FF kind of obeys the spec in the first case because it doesn't paint the background, but it also doesn't paint the text, so that's probably just a bug.

So I suppose my proposal still stands: include an exception that allows for painting backgrounds/borders/outlines when the cell is partially visible despite it being in a collapsed track.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by davidsgrogan
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/478#issuecomment-341286526 using your GitHub account