[csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] Add methods to INPUT/TEXTAREA to return rects for INPUT/TEXTAREA selection

From: Dan Dascalescu via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 00:58:48 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
dandv has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [cssom-view] Add methods to INPUT/TEXTAREA to return rects for INPUT/TEXTAREA selection ==
As an end user, I've noticed that if I press End in a textarea on a line ending in whitespace, both Chrome and Firefox place the cursor after that whitespace. But, if I navigate towards that trailing whitespace using the right arrow key, the cursor jumps from the last non-whitespace character on the line to the first column of the next line.

To address the inconsistency, I [filed this issue in the Chrome bug tracker](https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=725757), and was asked to create an issue here to add methods to INPUT/TEXTAREA to return rects for INPUT/TEXTAREA selection, like Range#getClientRects() and getBoundingClientRect. Please see that link for more context.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1482 using your GitHub account