Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] Should anonymous boxes always inherit through the box tree?

From: Emilio Cobos Álvarez via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 17:43:52 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> > define "text" as an object in the element tree that has properties (only set via inheritance), and which generates "text" in the box tree accordingly
>
> For what it's worth, this is what Gecko does anyway. I can't speak for other implementations.

Just for reference, this is what Blink does too. But it's not what WebKit does. WebKit doesn't store any style for the text nodes, and just assumes text style == parent box style in the relevant places. Fun :)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by emilio
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1118#issuecomment-304954490 using your GitHub account