[csswg-drafts] Exposing Implementation Status

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 23:03:58 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
fantasai has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== Exposing Implementation Status ==
There was a discussion in Tokyo about CanIUse panels that was supposed to migrate out into a conversation on how to better document and expose implementation status data. This thread is to start that conversation.

Some key points out of the discussion were
  - Microsoft has been making an effort to keep MDN updated wrt its implementation
  - MDN doesn't have an API to expose this information, but it could
  - Google is working on a tool to expose implementation data that can be gleaned from walking the object graph; this will work for many features, though not all.

I think some of the key questions here are:
  - What is stored? CanIUse has implemented/not implemented/partially implemented + notes per release per feature, which seems useful, but then what is a "feature"?
  - How is it updated?
  - Where are we going agree to collect this data? (Wherever that is, it needs an API.)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1468 using your GitHub account