Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-3] word-break: break-all doesn't break before sentence-ending punctuation if UAX #14 is used

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 08:14:37 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> RESOLVED: add line-break: break-all to the spec

Created the #1438 pull request to do that. We had not decided if it should on its own trigger the line breaking style of terminals, or if it would need to be used together with `word-break: break-all`. Since implementors indicated that the later would be harder, and no use case has been brought forward to support the ability to break anywhere around punctuation but not within words, I've specified it so that `line-break:break-all` can work on its own.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1171#issuecomment-303030594 using your GitHub account