[csswg-drafts] [css-align] Do all alignment subjects *have* a containing block?

From: L. David Baron via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 23:16:35 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
dbaron has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-align] Do all alignment subjects *have* a containing block? ==
The [Terminology section](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-align/#terms) of css-align says:

>    ... This is defined by the layout mode, but is usually the alignment subject’s containing block.

It's not clear to me, however, that all alignment subjects *have* a containing block.  The [definition of containing block](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-display-3/#containing-block) that I found isn't particularly clear about what *has* a containing block -- whether a box has a containing block, or whether a box's margin box has a containing block.

This should probably be clearer, although it's probably doesn't need to be addressed in order to go to CR.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1399 using your GitHub account