Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-inline][css-pseudo] Interaction of root inline box and ::first-line

From: Loirooriol via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 16:27:56 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
So the root inline box should be broken, and the fragment in the first line be wrapped inside `::first-line`?

I read your [Inline Box Model proposal](https://dbaron.org/css/2000/01/dibm), which says that each line has its own root inline box. And [Hixie's proposal](http://www.hixie.ch/specs/css/selectors/ProposedChanges.txt) further specifies that it's that root inline box in the first line what is matched by `::first-line`.

I think this made sense, but it seems currently there is a single root inline box in the block container instead of one per line. Maybe `::first-line` could be the fragment in the first line of the root inline box.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1384#issuecomment-301837592 using your GitHub account