Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] Notation proposal: 'flow container'

From: Loirooriol via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 00:15:19 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Yes, I also noticed that "flow container" wouldn't be consistent with `display: block`. I was thinking about some alternative proposal about requiring the contents of a block container to always be block-level (as the name implies), wrapping sequences of inline-levels inside a block-level inline container, which would be what establishes the inline formatting context. But this would be a new kind of box, and even only allowing it for anonymous ones would have its own problems, so maybe it's better as it is now.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1265#issuecomment-301639507 using your GitHub account