Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] [css-text-decor] Propagation of text-decoration with display:contents

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 21:56:28 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'm not sure I agree with @rune-opera; why should this propagate thru the box tree specifically?  I can easily see it doing so thru the element tree instead. That is, I can see it going either way, and I want to make sure we're making the decision deliberately.

@fantasai makes the argument (in person) that a run-in merging into a paragraph should pick up the paragraph's text-decoration. That would imply that it propagates thru the box-tree.  Any counter-arguments to this?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1136#issuecomment-301616594 using your GitHub account