Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-overflow] FPWD

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 18:30:55 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> From today's transition call for css-contain: what is holding us back from FPWD of css-overflow-4 (which is a normative reference from css-contain-1).

Doesn't matter; we don't *actually* depend on anything from
overflow-4, we impose a restriction on some of its features.  This is
just an interaction between the two specs; neither spec, on its own,
depends on the other in any way.

This *is* still property a normative reference; if you implement both
specs, these are indeed normative requirements on the interaction. But
they shouldn't count as holding back Contain.

~TJ

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1374#issuecomment-301563193 using your GitHub account