Re: [csswg-drafts] [css2] typo in example

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 17:10:06 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
That just means that CSS2 needs to have the double-colon syntax backported to it.  (Or we need to remove this section, as it's replaced by the Lists spec.)  We don't promote the single-colon syntax for pseudo-elements; it's a legacy mistake that we have to support, but we downplay it and don't use it in examples.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/530#issuecomment-300235494 using your GitHub account