Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] Rethinking display:contents

From: Loirooriol via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 17:03:55 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
To me it seemed this approach could explain various cases, but I have just noticed there is still the same problem in ::first-line (except for text directly contained). I said "since a contents box is inline, the ::first-line pseudo-element will be generated outside it", but the contents box needs to be broken by inner boxes, and then it's not clear in what point of the inheritance chain the ::first-line should be inserted.
Sorry I didn't think about this properly. I will close the issue for the time, and think if I can fix this somehow.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1313#issuecomment-299247618 using your GitHub account