Re: [csswg-drafts] [selectors-4] Can an element with no boxes and no child elements be in :hover state?

From: Boris Zbarsky via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 13:54:21 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I think the current draft leaves this totally undefined because "user designates an element" is totally undefined...  I would like us to come closer to having it be defined.

I agree that in your testcase the outer display:contents should match :hover no matter how we slice this.  The question is what should happen for the inner one.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bzbarsky
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1141#issuecomment-290097068 using your GitHub account