Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-multicol] How do elements between column-span and its multicol ancestor appear around the span

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 07:01:16 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
So implementations seem to agree with what Morten said should happen in https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1072#issuecomment-284527787, at least in the block case. In the inline case, only safari disagrees, and I have a hard time seeing how that's useful.

Can we agree that:
* margins/padding/borders/backgrounds/outlines of ancestors of the spanner do not apply to and are not affected by the spanner (other than by the fact that it causes fragmentation)
* we should clarify/rephrase the spec to say that:
  > The property has no effect on elements that are not within the BFC established by the multicol element.

  (resolving #1074  at the same time)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1072#issuecomment-289369958 using your GitHub account