[csswg-drafts] [css-grid] Equal justification spacing in both axes

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 17:14:23 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
fantasai has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-grid] Equal justification spacing in both axes ==
Robert Utasi reports this as a use case https://jsfiddle.net/utasir/20yy425r/12/

The problem is
  - definite width, auto height grid container
  - auto-fill columns e.g. 100px
  - auto-placed items
  - `place-content: space-between`
The spacing produced by `space-between` is not equal in both axes.

I think there are two possible solutions here:
1. Invent some new syntax to make this happen.
2. Define that if an axis is auto-sized (and therefore justification space would be zero), justification space is instead copied from the other axis. (This is not a far stretch from how we handle frs.)

(I've no ideas for solution 1.)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1119 using your GitHub account