Re: [csswg-drafts] [mediaqueries-4] make explicit that `pointer`, `hover`, `any-pointer`, `any-hover` relate only to pointing devices

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 17:29:31 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
This is probably good, but I wonder: this is fine for `any-*` but what if the input mechanism deemed primary is not a pointing device? Say, a device with a keyboard deemed primary, and a gamepad. Should `pointer` match `none` because that's the case of the keyboard, or should it match `coarse`, because within the pointing devices, the gamepad, by virtue of being the only one, is necessarily primary, even if overall it wouldn't be?

This is possibly enough of a corner case not to matter, but I am not sure.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/973#issuecomment-287132374 using your GitHub account