Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-decor] ink skipping should conform to glyph shape

From: Tobi Reif via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 10:07:24 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
>From my POV (one web developer) it would be ideal to have a specd default (any, eg based-on-glyph-shape) so that the default rendering is consistent in all browsers. Browsers sure are free to experiment/innovate eg by offering options to developers (eg first behind flags), but it would be great if everyone could agree on one default option for the rendering of underlines.

Plus eg three options that the web developer could set (eg square, trapezoid, based-on-glyph-shape). Then the web developer could decide, incl the perf trade-off.

Regarding your #3: This should be solved by implementers.

Regarding your #4: Some are thick. Ideally you'd let the CSS user (the web developer) choose and decide per case regarding the trade-offs.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by tobireif
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1093#issuecomment-285629285 using your GitHub account