Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-4][varfont] Automatic optical size/style selection

From: Rob McKaughan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 22:13:10 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Yes, feel free to use this. I agree that we should make the mapping from font-size to opsz more explicit. I worry about "but other signals may also be considered" because type designers won't know those other signals, thus won't know how to design accordingly.

I think it's important to say that this size selection happens _before_ browser zoom or OS scaling.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by robmck-ms
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/807#issuecomment-285500456 using your GitHub account