Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-4] Support automatic optical size selection for static fonts

From: Myles C. Maxfield via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 00:26:14 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
`font-size` is already an input to the font selection algorithm, so, option 2 is already spec-compliant. The selection algorithm is purposely vague about how `font-size` gets matched, so we could add something saying that optical sizes may be considered when performing `font-size` matching.

Is there a reason you didn't propose using `font-size` inside `@font-face` instead of `opticalfont-size-range`?

If we do add a `font-size` size range to `@font-face`, the values should not be clamped to this range (which would be different than the other range-based font descriptors in `@font-face` - see https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/782)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by litherum
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/806#issuecomment-284905903 using your GitHub account