Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-multicol] How do elements between column-span and its multicol ancestor appear around the span

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2017 06:31:26 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
There doesn't seem to be any trace in the spec, but I am pretty sure
we discussed this at some point during the last 5 years or so. I
believe we had resolved to make column span only apply to direct
children of the multi-col rather than arbitrary descendants to avoid
this exact problem, and due to the lack of use case presented in favor
 of allowing it. The creation of display:contents since then makes an
even stronger case for that solution, as you can get rid of
unnecessary wrapper elements.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1072#issuecomment-284131965