Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] Define interaction of display:contents and replaced elements

From: L. David Baron via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2017 17:40:23 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The group just discussed this, and ended up inclined towards
display:none rather than trying to go through making display:contents
show the children, for replaced elements and form controls.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/540#issuecomment-281875695
-- I don't quite follow the concerns, although it's not clear to me
that the concern would be worse with one approach than the other
(rather than the old display:inline, which has other serious
problems).  Though if you still think this is problematic, I'd be
interested to understand better why it is.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dbaron
Please view or discuss this issue at