[csswg-drafts] [css-inline][css-display] Did root inline boxes become useless?

From: Loirooriol via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 16:02:55 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Loirooriol has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-inline][css-display] Did root inline boxes become useless? ==
I think the root inline box was only useful to explain the styling of text directly contained in a block container. But in https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1118#issuecomment-305251140 the WG resolved that text runs have their own styles, they no longer need a box.

So I think that, as currently defined, root inline boxes became useless, and can be removed. Is that so?

If I'm right don't remove them yet, I have some alternative ideas for them.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1551 using your GitHub account