Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text] Letter spacing is inserted after RTL reordering

From: Koji Ishii via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 08:36:12 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
We don't compute kerning/joining/etc. using adjacent characters after re-order for the same reason. The current engine can't do it across bidi runs, new engine does it in logical order. Doing them after re-order looks degration to me.

Thank you for the comment, your comment confirmed I'm not misunderstanding nor misreading (unless I'm still misunderstanding something...)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1509#issuecomment-310314506 using your GitHub account