Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] Should all the `inline-foo` and `inline foo` forms be distinct?

From: Loirooriol via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2017 19:52:01 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I agree with @FremyCompany that this should be solved by adding a new subpart to the `display` property. But I would not use `normal` or `legacy`, I would make `flow-root` an independent keyword outside of `<display-inside>`. This also solves various other problems.

Then, `inline-block` would be syntactically equivalent to `inline-level block` and blockify to `block`. And `inline-level flow-root` would behave like `inline-block` but would blockify to `flow-root`. Both `flow-root`-ness and syntactically equivalence can be preserved this way.

See the details of my proposal in #1496 and [my proposed spec](https://loirooriol.github.io/specs/css-display/).

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1486#issuecomment-305893249 using your GitHub account