Re: [csswg-drafts] [css2-testing] change description about canvas background doesn't match the change

On Monday, January 30, 2017 3:32:25 PM CET L. David Baron wrote:
> The [changes section of
> css2-testing](https://drafts.csswg.org/css2-testing/changes.html)
(or

2014-07-16](https://drafts.csswg.org/css2-testing/changes.html#s.14.2)
> .
>
> The **change description** does not match the change.  The change
> description says that the change makes the canvas background
> undefined, while the actual change to the spec makes the canvas
> background transparent.  I suspect transparent is correct, although
> I'm not sure.

Yes, transparent is correct.

The WG decided first (2014-07-09) that the canvas background was not
taken from the root element, without saying what it was taken from
instead. I proposed corresponding errata text that said the background

was "undefined". The WG reviewed the text and decided[1] (2014-07-16)
replace "undefined" by "transparent". I updated the errata
accordingly,
but indeed forgot to update the explanation. I've updated that now,
too.

Thanks for the review!

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Jul/0299.html

Bert

GitHub Notification of comment by bert-github
Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/989#issuecomment-276407864
using your GitHub account