Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] Clarify behavior of position: fixed grid items

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 20:53:15 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The CSS2 spec clearly defines fixed positioning as a subset of
absolute positioning, so I think that's clear. Calling it out here
would make other cases where we don't seem ambiguous.

Wrt restricting it to a track, we only do that if the containing block
 is a grid container, and in the case of fixedpos, it's the ICB which
is not a grid container. (I'm not sure what your use case is here, but
 `position: sticky` might be a better solution.)

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/977#issuecomment-274934971