Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] layout viewport vs visual viewport

From: Matt Rakow via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 19:54:51 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I see.  I think the point still holds though, instead of using media
queries plenty of sites listen to the resize event, measure the
(layout) viewport, and update their layout in some manner in script.
If their measurements return the visual viewport they'll do something
incorrect.  E.g. I believe Facebook does this when applying their
tinyViewport/canHaveFixedElements class to the document.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by ChumpChief
Please view or discuss this issue at