[csswg-drafts] [css-animations-1] Suggestion: animation-playback-rate property

From: Christopher Wallis via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 17:39:57 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
notoriousb1t has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-animations-1] Suggestion: animation-playback-rate property ==
I think that an animation-playback-rate property would be of great use
 combined with css variables.  It would make it trivial to slowdown,
speedup, tweak, and debug animations.

I checked the CSS Animation Level 1 spec and don't think there is
anything like it.

At first thought, here is how I think it would probably look:

**Type**: unsigned float
**Default**: 1

- Unsigned so it doesn't negatively impact direction
- Changing the value to 2 would multiply the duration by 2

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/980 using your GitHub
account