Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] layout viewport vs visual viewport

From: bokand via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 17:50:39 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Right. The reason I have a preference for the "all-layout" (aka
inert-visual-viewport) model is lots of existing content (particularly
 on desktop pages) isn't written to expect or tested with pinch-zoom.
So making everything relative to the visual viewport has more risk of
effects misbehaving or performing poorly as we zoom in (or show the on
 screen keyboard). Using "all-layout", existing content won't know
when it's been zoomed or when the OSK shows. The API @RByers
referenced allows the rare cases that do want to respond to these
events to do so. That said, I don't have any real world examples of
content misbehaving (since our current model isn't "all-visual") so
this is largely theoretical.

I agree though that interop is our most important goal so I'm open to
either solution.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bokand
Please view or discuss this issue at