Re: [csswg-drafts] [background-4] Add background-repeat-x/y

From: Greg Whitworth via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 17:47:44 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
After discussing this after the resolution, I wasn't aware that
deprecated implied that all other UAs that don't support this need to
add this - my understanding of it's implication was more inline with
obsolete. I would like to re-open this issue and discuss roughly
defining it but marking it as obsolete. In addition to this,
@FremyCompany looked into why Edge removed this and it was due to us
implementing multiple backgrounds, and when testing Chrome sure enough
 you can't have multiple backgrounds in conjunction with
background-repeat-x/y (https://jsfiddle.net/u5L8ak8b/2/ - I tried
numerous vals to see if they mapped them together to no avail). By
switching to obsolete, it allows us to vocalize to authors not to use
it and allows Blink to, when possible take the necessary steps to
remove it and doesn't burden others to implement it.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by gregwhitworth
Please view or discuss this issue at