Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-tables-3] Can we simplify empty-cells:hide?

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 00:56:51 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'm 100% sure that cells containing only collapsible white space need
to be considered empty. This is especially important because the
`</td>` tag is optional. It's possible we can modify `:empty` to
follow that definition, and we might want to do that, but certainly as
 things stand you can't treat these cells as hidden when `:empty`.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/605#issuecomment-272044435