Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] Missing information about baseline participation of a grid item

From: Javier Fernandez Garcia-Boente via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 08:47:29 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The text is much clearer now, but I think there are still issues.
You made recently some changes in the section 8.2. Baseline Alignment
Terminology [1] which I think are not reflected in the new text you
added in section 6.4. Baseline Self-Alignment:

"A grid item participates in first (last) baseline self-alignment in
either its row or column (whichever matches its inline axis) if its
justify-self or align-self property (whichever affects its block axis)
 computes to first baseline (last baseline). "

I think that we had agreed on the idea that an grid item can
participate in both, row and column alignment context; the "either row
 or column" is not accurate and "whichever matches its inline axis"
makes no sense now. Also, we can use both, justify-self and align-self
 properties to apply self-baseline alignment to an item in both axis.
The "whichever affects its block axis" makes no sense either.

1- https://drafts.csswg.org/css-align-3/#baseline-terms

--
GitHub Notification of comment by javifernandez
Please view or discuss this issue at