Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-decor] `text-decoration-skip: ink` should allow not to skip for CJK and certain ideographic scripts

From: Koji Ishii via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2017 13:37:11 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
It's hard to explain in short, but position and skipping are two
independent issues. Positioning can mitigate skipping ink issue by
making the interceptions very rare though.

I think this discussion is very similar to the one about line-through
#711; when author says "skip ink", should we skip ink regardless of
how sane it is, or should we interpret "improve typography by skipping
 ink, but don't skip ink if insane."?

I think we prefer the latter, and let UA be smart enough to know when
to skip and when not to.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/707#issuecomment-271084264