[csswg-drafts] support position:sticky inside an overflow:hidden|auto on general parents

From: hunboy via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2017 21:34:26 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
hunboy has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== support position:sticky inside an overflow:hidden|auto on general
parents ==
css3 position

Currently the position:sticky element exclusively works when the all
of general parents are overflow:visible. This is problematic a little
whilst we use overflow:hidden trick for clearfix etc.

Testcase attached. Here is a simplesample, how is the layout broken
when we change the overflow to visible, however sticky starts to work
in that case. I detected, all of general parent-elements in the
parent-path must be overflow: visible, which is weird a little. Any
overflow:hidden in the parent-path kills the sticky.

ER: sync somehow the spec to allow sticky subcontainers inside a
overflow:hidden general parent.

testcase: https://jsfiddle.net/utasir/rmmkxq62/7/

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/865 using your GitHub