Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text] [css-fonts] Variation selectors are underspecified

From: Koji Ishii via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 04:47:57 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I support the idea to define it better. Blink has similar logic in
[SymbolsIterator](https://cs.chromium.org/chromium/src/third_party/WebKit/Source/platform/fonts/SymbolsIterator.cpp?q=SymbolsIterator::consume&sq=package:chromium&l=48&dr=CSs),
 but there are some edge cases I would like to test more.

In regards to VS in the font selection, I believe the spec defines the
 cascading for VS in general; e.g., when `font-family: A, B`, and when
 A has the base character but doesn't have the specified VS, UA must
chose B if B has the VS, or A otherwise.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/854#issuecomment-270563284