Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-4] [varfont] font matching algorithm should not favor italic as a fallback for oblique

From: Behdad Esfahbod via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 23:28:41 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> When 'oblique' is requested but no actual oblique is present, a
better fallback than the italic face would be a synthetically-slanted
version of the regular face.

> I don't agree with this. When 'oblique' is requested but no actual
oblique is present, I think the better fallback will be the italic
face, if available; a synthetically-slanted version of the regular
face should always be a last resort.

I don't agree with this.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by behdad
Please view or discuss this issue at