[csswg-drafts] [css-text-decor] Results for text-underline-position: under

From: r12a via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 18:24:21 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
r12a has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-text-decor] Results for text-underline-position: under ==
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-text-decor-3/#text-underline-position-property

Here are the results of applying `text-underline-position: under` to
some random text with a bunch of arabic script fonts i have on my
system in Canary (today).  I also applied `text-decoration-skip: ink`
just because it shows collisions more clearly (it didn't affect the
results). All text is set  to 30px font-size.

![screen shot 2017-02-22 at 17 53
41](https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/4839211/23225241/2e7b8c28-f929-11e6-867e-25fab0031047.png)

The result is font-dependent. Some don't clear the bottom of the text.
 (And generally the line seems a little thick to me.) I didn't find
any difference whether the language was set to en, ar, fa, or ur.

The following shows that for vowelled text the result is unfortunately
 much worse.

![screen shot 2017-02-22 at 18 20
04](https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/4839211/23226000/f6f4cd70-f92b-11e6-9378-79037e555073.png)

Please view or discuss this issue at