Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-sizing] should specify how to handle infinite max-content sizes

From: François REMY via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 02:40:52 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I believe you don't overflow because of a generalization of the
following min(...) statement:
> If the table-root element has 'width: auto', the used width is the
greater of min(GRIDMAX, the table’s containing block width), CAPMIN,
and GRIDMIN.
> https://drafts.csswg.org/css-tables-3/#computing-the-table-width

Now reading this and your message I realize the GRIDMIN and GRIDMAX
are probably improperly defined in the spec because the algorithm to
compute them does not use the percentages in any way. @dbaron can you
confirm the text you wrote to define them needs some addition to take
care of percentage back-computations? Or am I missing something?

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1046#issuecomment-281551260