Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid][css-flexbox] Pinterest/Masonry style layout support

From: Mats Palmgren via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 00:46:46 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
This kind of layout isn't very well suited for Grid, so I don't think
we should try to squeeze it in there.  It seems multicol layout is a
better fit for the example in
https://github.com/rachelandrew/cssgrid-ama/issues/19#issue-201073253
We could add a `column-auto-flow` property, similar to:
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid/#grid-auto-flow-property, where
`'column'` would do it exactly as that example, and `'column dense'`
would place the next box in the column with the smallest height, i.e.
"4" would go under "3" in that example.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by MatsPalmgren
Please view or discuss this issue at