Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] Make colorDepth/pixelDepth return useful information again

From: Simon Fraser via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 21:05:07 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'd like to see concrete use cases for returning "correct" numbers for
 these properties. I'm not convinced that you can collapse all the
complexity of rendering and color management into one pixel bitcount
that will be useful to anyone. For example, you can have wide color
with an 8-bit-per-component format. You can also have textures that
use half-float pixel formats. Throw HDR into the mix and things get
very complex.

I would prefer that we go with things like the color-gamut media
query, which are useful for answering specific questions.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by smfr
Please view or discuss this issue at