Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-list-3] List-item outside markers

From: cathiechen via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 09:04:33 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@FremyCompany Thanks for the reply.

Yes, Chrome do produce a relayout. The reason to not update the position of marker is that:
We use `FirstLineBoxBaseline()` to get the first line box's base line position which marker cording to . For grid, it just check the first row of grid, since this row is empty while hover, it couldn't find a proper position. We roughly skip the position align for marker. So the marker stays where it was. The better way to deal with this situation is to restore marker's own position. This solution is similar to the last one.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by cathiechen
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1934#issuecomment-354418818 using your GitHub account