Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui] text-overflow: ellipsis when a word of different direction was truncated

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 05:38:26 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@aphillips In the non bidi case, the words **are** truncated visually: pointer events are expected to hit the elements behind the ellipsis when you click on the ellipsis, selecting the ellipsis and copying to the clipboard gives you the elided text, you are supposed to be able to scroll (if overflow is scroll or auto) to reveal the part that has been hidden...

Consider also that CSS-UI-4 introduces a [fadeout style](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-ui-4/images/cssisfade.png), in addition to [the existing "..."](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-ui-4/images/cssisaw.png).

I don't know how to make that all these things work or make sense if we truncate other than visually.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2125#issuecomment-354400535 using your GitHub account