Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-backgrounds] 'border' shorthand resets 'border-image' but can't set it

From: Brad Kemper via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 22:48:45 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Anyway, I’m an author who is not confused by the resetting. Of course, I’m biased, being a co-author, but this resetting happens in other shorthands too, right? It seems pretty simple to me. But I don’t see why you have to write everything out in longhand because of it. That seems like an odd choice. Why not just ignore border-image in the UI and in the CSS you write, when it is not changing anything (changing all border-image-* properties from `initial` to `initial`)?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bradkemper
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2108#issuecomment-353205599 using your GitHub account