Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transforms-2] Should individual transform properties accept unitless 0 angle as a value?

From: Eric Willigers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 04:43:06 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I think the guideline is to never support unitless 0 angle unless we need to for reasons of legacy compatibility.

Allowing unitless 0 also makes `0 1 0 0` harder to read - it isn't instantly obvious if the author intended rotation around the x or y axis.

The axis() with reordering proposal in #1269 would help here - the author's intent is clear with `axis(0 1 0) 0deg` or `0deg axis(1 0 0)` - but it also weakens the compatibility argument for unitless 0.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by ewilligers
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2116#issuecomment-352324674 using your GitHub account