Re: [csswg-drafts] [selectors] sibling and ::after selector in one

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 21:10:44 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Yes, pseudo-elements "imply a `*`" if there's no other simple selectors preceding them. So `::after` and `*::after` are exactly equivalent. This is already in the Selectors spec.

> The :has() selector is there in the current CSS Selectors Level 4 proposal, so it is still the best current candidate for becoming standard (although personally I am not a big fan of the 'static selectors profile' concept and am rather skeptical that this ever gets implemented).

Precisely because it's in the static profile, `:has()` is not planned to ever work in stylesheets.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2094#issuecomment-350581853 using your GitHub account