[csswg-drafts] [css-images] Add a way to indicate that a CSS image should be decoded asynchronously

From: Simon Fraser via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2017 16:49:01 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
smfr has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-images] Add a way to indicate that a CSS image should be decoded asynchronously ==
Similarly to how we're adding a way for authors to specify that content images should be able to be decoded asynchronously by the UA (https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/1920), we should add a way for authors to say that CSS images can be decoded async.

Async decoding here implies that there may be frames rendered after the time that the "load" event for an Image with the same URL as the CSS image in which the image does not appear.

This would probably be some kind of new argument to the `image()` function.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2095 using your GitHub account